Sunday 13 May 2012

Prawns in Chili, Garlic and Tomato Sauce with Feta


Lately I have discovered raw prawn cutlets in the freezer section at my local supermarket.  They are really reasonably priced and so I have been experimenting with different prawn recipes.  A good friend gave me this idea and what I love about this recipe is that it is ridiculously simple to make but has a lovely rich flavour.

Ingredients

1/2 - 1 finely chopped chili
1 clove garlic crushed
1 - 1 1/2 cups of good quality pasta sauce (I like the Bertolli Classic)
15-20 defrosted prawns
slices of feta cheese
good quality olive ciabatta bread


Fry the chili and garlic in a little olive oil for just a couple of minutes being careful not to over brown.  Add the pasta sauce and simmer for 5 minutes or until reduced slightly.

Add the prawns and cook for a couple of minutes or until prawns just begin to change colour.

Divide the prawn sauce between 4 or 6 ramekin dishes.  Top with feta and place under a hot grill until feta is melted and slightly brown (approx 5 mins but keep an eye on the dishes)

Serve with a couple of slices of warm olive chibata bread


No comments:

Post a Comment